AKRacing is known for its world-class gaming chairs. Starting out in the automotive industry manufacturing car seats, it gradually expanded into gaming chairs and furniture. Consistently among the best gaming chairs on the market, we will review akracing ex vs sx.
So, what sets these AKRacing core series gaming chairs apart? The Core EX has fabric upholstery. On the other hand, the Core SX has leather upholstery. Then again, it is more expensive than the Core Ex.
AKRacing spares no effort in making its stellar gaming chairs. In this article, you will see what these chairs are made of and how they compare. Without further ado, let’s get into it!
The AKRacing Core EX sits at the lower end of the AKRacing Core Series lineup. If you think that makes it a low-quality chair, you’re in for a surprise.
The Core EX sports an ergonomic design with lumbar and head pillows for much-needed support. The backrest has a contoured design sculpted with lumbar support curvature. If you’re prone to lower back pain, you’re in for a good time with this chair.
The chair is aesthetically very pleasing, and the accents and colored stitching add excellent detail. Overall, the chair has a classy design, and it is common knowledge that classy never goes out of style!
- Soft, breathable fabric: The Core Ex has a soft fabric upholstery that retains minimal heat, doing away with the stickiness of leather.
- Comfort: AKRacing went off on this chair using cold-cured high-density foam for its padding. And what do you get? Comfort, softness, and durability. Go AKRacing!
- Lumbar Support: It seems AKRacing went all out with this one. Unlike most lower-priced gaming chairs on the market, the Core EX comes with an adjustable lumbar and head pillow.
- The fabric covering tends to hold onto hair.
- The neck pillow is not really adjustable.
Still in the Core Series, the SX is the sister version of the EX. It has premium quality leather upholstery that gives it a more sophisticated and elegant look.
The AKRacing Core SX uses cold-cured foam padding and a strong steel frame for comfort and longevity. It has thick backrest padding for better support and comfort.
The best thing about this chair? You’ll find that it’s as quiet as a mouse. Move around all you want, and you’ll barely hear a squeak. If you want a sturdy and quiet chair for your gaming space, you’re good to go with the SX.
- Elegant Design: The premium faux leather adds a touch of elegance and sophistication to the chair.
- Hair Magnet: The SX won’t hold on to hair due to its leather upholstery.
- Longevity: The SX has high-density cold-cured foam padding that will hold its shape for a long time.
- The leather covering is susceptible to wear and peeling.
- It comes at a higher price.
Here are the specs of AKRacing EX and SX side by side.
|Specifications||AKRacing EX||AKRacing SX|
|Dimensions||21.25 x 27 x 63||19.75 x 27 x 51|
|Ergonomics||Cold-cured Foam Lumbar/Neck Pillows 3D Armrests 180 Degrees Recline||Cold-cured Foam Lumbar/Neck Pillows 3D Armrests 180 Degrees Recline|
|Item Weight||57 Pounds||57 Pounds|
|Weight Capacity||330 Pounds||330 Pounds|
At first glance, telling the Core EX and SX apart may seem tricky. They have a similar build and are both very pleasing to the eye. The main difference here is the upholstery.
AKRacing EX has a soft, breathable all-fabric covering that will keep you cool, especially in a hot climate. You can wash the fabric when it gets dirty or replace it if it gets damaged. The downside is it is a hair magnet. So, if you have pets, keep a lint roller nearby.
AKRacing SX has a chic faux leather covering. While it will not hold on to hair easily, it is prone to the eventual peeling of leather chairs. You may want to consider this.
Both chairs have high-density cold-cured foam padding for utmost comfort. The backrest and seat have thick padding that cushions your back and button nicely.
The advantage of this dense foam padding is that it will keep its shape much longer than most budget gaming chairs.
Still, with cold-cured foam padding, it feels a bit harder as it is tougher and built to last. It won’t feel as soft as memory or standard foam padding.
Also, both chairs have a contoured design. The backrests have a curved design that follows the natural curve of your back. This provides better support and comfort to your lower back.
AKRacing flexed its prowess as a world-class gaming chair manufacturer in this core series ergonomics. Both chairs are actually similar in this regard.
- Lumbar Support: Both chairs have external lumbar and head pillows. The lumbar pillow is height adjustable, while the head pillow has a fixed position.
- 3D Armrests: The EX and SX have highly adjustable padded armrests. You can adjust the armrests sideways, up and down, and front and back.
- Highly Adjustable Backrests: Both chairs can recline as far as 180 degrees. So if you’re working, gaming, or just chilling, there is an angle for anything.
The EX and SX have a heavy-duty strong steel frame, enhanced with reinforcement belts and coated with anti-corrosion paint. What you get is a chair that will last you for years. You have a gaming chair backed by manufacturer warranty and guaranteed to last at least 10 years.
This is where the biggest difference lies. While both are Core Series chairs made for the lower end of the market, their prices still differ.
The EX offers excellent value for money as you get a ton of ergonomic qualities at a lower price. You can check for the latest price of AKRacing EX here.
On the other hand, the SX sporting a slightly higher design costs a tad bit more. Click here to check the latest price of AKRacing SX.
So, we have come to the end of this review. Let me quickly summarize it all for you.
AKRacing EX and SX are gaming chairs in the AKRacing Core Series. They both are decently comfortable and have similar build and quality. They are also budget-friendly chairs with minute differences.
You’re probably still wondering which one should I get now. Not to worry. Let me help you out here.
If you want all the workings of a high-quality gaming chair at less price, I will recommend the AKRacing EX.
Meanwhile, the faux leather upholstery on the SX comes at a slightly higher cost. So, if you want a chic and elegant-looking chair, the AKRacing SX is a sure bet.
There you have it! I hope you have found this review helpful.